Friday, July 5, 2013

Scrappy Quilt Top & Garden Party Applique!

 I started the weekend with a 2 1/2 mile walk at sunrise with my buddy Jackson. 
It was 68 degrees out and beautiful. 

I've been working on my nine square blocks. I was going to slice-n-dice the 9 square block, but I'm just not "feeling" it. 

 I'm making a full size quilt and I'm loving the simple scrappy look of the nine blocks all sewn together.  I'm also enjoying the easy flow of piecing them together and thinking about what quilting pattern I'll use once I get this top on the long-arm frame. 

Because... I'm also working on this:
 I joined a "kit of the month club" through:  http://www.buggybarnquilts.com/   (I love their fabric and fun patterns! Plus, Pam and Janet offer awesome customer service through the mail.) Now, if you live in the Reardan, Washington area...I'm jealous because you get to visit the Buggy Barn anytime you want. (smiles!)

Anyways, I love to get what I call "happy mail". So, one of my New Years Resolutions was to to join one kit of the month club. This years' project is: Garden Party. It's all applique. YAH!  This will hang on the wall of one of our upstairs guest bedrooms. But! This quilt is huge for our walls. We live in 1950's Colonial house and the walls are only seven feet tall. This quilt would literally cover the entire wall!  So I went to a local print shop and reduced the templates. The the extra fabric from the kit I'm cutting into the five inch squares to make the scrappy quilt top shown above. Garden Party will hang on the wall and the scrappy quilt will be on the bed. It's going to look soooo cozy! (And even better, I made two quilts for the price of one.)

But I got one month behind in May. It was the end of the school year  and our oldest daughter got married. So atleast I had an awesome reason why. (Chuckle!) I plan to use this month to get caught up on my applique. This weekend I'd like to get the two kits cut, and pinned. Then, I do the hand-sewing at night while we watch TV.

Also, if you are out and about and need a refreshing treat and live near a Dutch Bros, try their Dutch Bro Freeze!!! OMG! Yummo! Our youngest daughter sent me a $5.00 gift card and said: "Try their Dutch Bro Freeze!" I did and I'm hooked for the summer.
Hope your weekend is fantastic!
With smiles!
Val:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...