Monday, November 4, 2013

Wool Sampler Finished



 This summer I started a wool sampler with creative stitching inspired by Sue Spargo. It was fun to create and even more fun to practice my pebble quilting on!  

Here are a few close-ups of the stitching on some of the flowers:




This now happily hangs in my bathroom, truly making it easy to live, laugh and love!

Also for a quick tip on hanging quilts, I use:
These babies are STRONG! I've used them to hang larger quilts as well.

2014 will find me sharing more wool/creative stitching, as every year I treat myself to one BOM and Sue Spargo's BOM called: In Full Bloom is my choice for 2014! It will definitely make for some wonderful "happy mail" don't ya think!  
My 2014 BOM Project!
Hope your week is off to a great start. 
With smiles!
Val:)

Linked up with: http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/ and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful Val... Your stitches are awesome and Greg choices on the wool. Is the background wool as well? Can't wait to watch that BOM come together for you. Congratulations on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful finish! Thank you for stopping by and playing the "Sewing Name" game. :)

    That BOM is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always like Sue Spargo's stuff! Your wool wall hanging is so adorable! Brightens up your corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colors and texture of the flowers is so pretty, Val!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Val, I remember you showing the block before and was a perfect wall hanging! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilting sampler is quite striking, and i love what you've done with those beautiful wools and more. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I love the stitching :) And thanks for the tip about hanging quilts- I've been wondering what is the best way to go about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wool sampler is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a great Stained Glass piece you have hanging in your bathroom to Val..Looks like something your husband did. Beautiful work..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the look of these materials, very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your quilt.......amazing what felt and embellishing give a quilt. Thanks for sharing Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great Val I have never used wool so I will add it to the 'one day' list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful stitching! Your bathroom is lucky to have such a beautiful quilt in it! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so beautiful! I love those fuzzy threads you incorporated!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your wall hanging! I got into wool last year (and have a BOM WIP) and have one of Sue's books but am still waiting to try all the decorative stitches. You should have a lot of fun with that BOM this year!

    P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only bathroom quilt decorator!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Thanks for sharing, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  17. For as long as I've ben reading your blog, I didn't know you were into Sue Spargo-style embroidery on wool! Beautiful! Going to spend some time looking through all the posts (also loved the bumblebee one BTW)....

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...