Thursday, March 20, 2014

Grilled Cheese, Fabric & Linky Highlights!

So...what is the first thing you crave after emerging from two days of  battling the flu, fever, chills, body aches...the whole kit and caboodle, concluded with a diagnosis of bronchitis, a Zpack and a week of rest highly recommended?
For me it was a grilled cheese sandwich. 
I feel like I've been in a time warp. I don't remember my husband telling me I had Happy Mail. Yet there it was on the kitchen table: a big envelope containing my fabric for the Kate Spain Charm Swap:
http://quiltsfrommycrayonbox.blogspot.com/2014/03/kate-spain-charm-swap-round-2-is-now.html
And I couldn't resist adding this Gnome Living fat quarter pack to my shopping cart: 

My husband was humored by their kind note wishing HIM enjoyment of the fabric...until I explained that our Pay Pal account is in his name....LOL!
I seriously can't remember when making myself a sandwich and stepping outside to snap a few fabric pics made me tired. So as I return to bed with my laptop in hand and try to find my TV remote for the 200th time, sip on what seems like my second gallon of Gatorade and suck on ice chips,  I comfort myself by catching up on everyone's link-ups this week. Here's some highlights from our Animals & Award Winners:

Sixty-three link ups this week!! (I have been in a time warp!) I can't believe it!  It's fun, inspiring and rewarding to find out everyone is enjoying this new linky.
 I think this comment from Terry says it all:
Thanks Val, this is my first time by and first link with you. Its fun to re-visit our old blog posts. Lots of good memories to revisit. Blogging is positive reinforcement showing we have so much to be thankful for along with so much talent out there to be shared. Love your Happy Day quilt.
The oldest post I read in the Animal's Theme was dated January 2007 by Alicia at Alicia Quilts. A Stack and Whack made out of Animal prints. Stack and Whacks are fun to make if ya haven't tried one yet.


And in the Award Winning Theme, the oldest posts I read were dated in September 2012 by Irelle at Jibberish Designs.  She shared her Paths in the Sea 

and Chevron Improv Award Winners with us!


And the oldest quilt shared in a new post was by Daryl at Pachouli Moon Studio who made this adorable quilt for her now thirty year old daughter when she was a teenager. I love that this quilt is now part of Daryl's blog archives!

Grab yourselves a "I was Highlighted" button ladies!
(Just a little something I created while laying here coughing and watching a NCIS Marathon. LOL!!)
With smiles,
Val:)
Val's Quilting Studio

11 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better and that grilled cheese sandwich looks amazing actually! Perfect that you had happy mail to help with the healing process! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you feel better soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Val. Hope you recover quickly and can get at some of those new fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! It was fun to see all the quilts! Hope you feel 100% better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear you are not well. I'm glad you took time to share all that wonderful happy mail. Now, rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you poor thing but grilled cheese and new fabrics are good for the ill and great for the soul.
    Some wonderful quilts were shared this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling a little better with each passing day, Val !
    Warm days and fresh air are coming ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Val for highlighting my Teddy Bear quilt here. I put the button on my posting and under my Featured Page as well.
    Hopefully that grilled cheese and those great fabrics made you all better. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there, Buddy! You can beat this flu or whatever it is. Dr. Johnson says "rest and drink plenty of liquids".
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehe. Don't blame me for those extra fabrics jumping into your cart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awful to be so sick! Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of my comfort foods, too. I have discovered making them with olive oil instead of butter...oh my they are good! :)

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...