Friday, May 1, 2015

Flower Pot Tablerunner

These wool flowers have been so much fun to stitch over the past few weeks.

I used Genziana Wool thread to sew the floors onto the cotton using a small whipstitch.

I then used #8 Valdani Perle Cotton for all the decorative stitches and
always love using buttons for an additional layer.

I kept the quilting simple and as many of you previously commented, sometimes simple is just what a project needs...especially when they are of a "primitive" style like this one. This tablerunner was inspired by a Potted Flowers pattern I saw in my Kim Schaefer Flowering Quilts book. Yet, instead of appliqued flowers, I choose to make mine from wool. So fun!
This tablerunner measures 20" x 40".
I love that this entire tablerunner was made from leftover fabrics. And...I have to admit, when I layed this out on our coffee table last night, it fit the decor of our house perfectly, but mom, you can expect some Happy Mail next week as this one is on it's way to you..."just because"! Wishing everyone a great Friday! 
(I'm up early as today our local FFA high school kids have their Spring Flower pots for sale and I want to be first in line. Perfect way to start May don't ya think!?)

22 comments:

  1. I love the flowers! They've come out great. She is one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just very sweet and just because gifts are the best. I think some flowers for May Day are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh lucky Mom! Such a sweet, thoughtful gift! She is going to love it!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom texted me first thing this moring...exclaiming her surprise and love of the tablerunner!! (She checks my blog daily and I was so hoping to surprise her through the post!) I'm glad it worked...as now she can't wait to get it in the mail. Gotta love happy mail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute runner and I'm sure a welcome gifty for your Mom. I love surprising people with small treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val I have that book and made this runner, although I used fall colors. Don't you love this runner? I do! Love your version too. I may need to make another one of these for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! I'm sure your Mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way it looks on a table. And I especially love your note to your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great start for May. My Mays have all started with a birthday - my whole life - and that's been a really long time. I like the flower idea though... and I love the little garden you made.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Tis a lovely table runner, Val. Those fun flowers are perfect for May day. 'Just Because' presents are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, Val. I knew I would when you gave us a peak last time. How super special that you are sending this to your Mom. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your table runner, it is so cute! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great table runner and so perfect for this time of year! I'm sure your Mom will be delighted with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those little flower pots are so cute--love the table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The table runner turned out beautifully. Your Mom is lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your table runner fits beautifully.
    Are you going to be putting up a list for Mays Tuesday Archives. I haven't been able to do any lately but I still do look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute Val! The flowers all look wonderful with the individual touches you added. I enlarged the photos just to get a better view. How did you make that fringe around the dark red flower? Your Mom will love this runner, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so cute! It looks perfect on your coffee table. I'm sure it will look just as good on your mum's table.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Kim's designs and have almost all of her books. Your table runner is adorable and I am so happy you shared it with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...