Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tuesday Archives #178:Drunkard's Path


Hello! Hello! and Happy Tuesday Archives! 
The linky party that let's you rejuvinate OLD blogging posts.
Val's Quilting Studio
. If you are new to our linky, click over the here to read the details about this fun, weekly linky party. (You can also check out all our past Tuesday Archives themes by clicking right here.)

This week's theme is: Drunkard's Path
I had to dig deep into my own archives, but I DID find the one and only Drunkard's Path I've ever made. In was in my Underground Railroad Sampler quilt I made back in 2014. 
There it is in the bottom left hand corner of my quilt. So as I sat to write this post today I found myself curious of this patterns history. I easily got lost for over an hour just checking out over 65 variations this pattern put together. Crazy inspiring.


I specialize in edge to edge pantographs with over 100 designs to choose from.

Check out my Long-Arm Quilting page for details.
I offer FREE Return Shipping on all quilts in the U.S.A.


5 comments:

  1. Looks great! I had my unfinished Underground Railroad blocks up on the design wall this week getting ready to finish it in the 2018 challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the basic patchwork course I followed five years ago there was also a DP block; I remember using about 20 pins in a 3” unit and stabbing myself as many times! Later I found a tutorial on Leanne’s blog (She can Quilt) showing machine piecing DP blocks - perfect! I was grateful for that when making this wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't ever done this block, I think I have an aversion to curved piecing, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love seeing your UGRR again Val! My UGRR is my only finished DP too but I knew I had an old DP project and was lucky enough to find a post where some blocks from it was featured. May have to dig that project out again but it probably won't be anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val, that is a lovely quilt . . . it looks like the kind of cozy quilt that you would want to be wrapped up in on a cold winter night . . . so cozy and warm. Not to mention beautifully stitched.
    Here's wishing you a Very Merry Christmas!
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...